Friday 25 November 2016

OUIL405: One Week Map / Screen printing

Screen printing


It was good to experiment with mixed colours and layering and not worry too much about the overall design of the poster. It was really interesting to re learn the screen print process and I felt like I understood it better than when I did screen prints at Vernon Street on my foundation last year.

We mixed paints together and got some really nice, warm colours and textures. I like the randomness of mixing colours and not knowing or controlling what you get. You can also get interesting patterns by putting paint straight on to the screen. 

Screen prints can produce interesting outcomes that digital media cannot

I really want to explore screen printing more and use it with my drawings and collage. 


Experimenting with layers

We over printed onto the same piece to see what kind of effects we got and they were good expressions of our themes in the poster, aimless arrangements that worked really well. 


Overlapping gave 3D effects that hurt your eyes and the shapes of the buildings overlapped to form new abstract shapes that I think will be really useful for future briefs, especially if I want to illustrate a scientific subject which often have quite abstract concepts.

Screen prints can create effects through experimentation that are totally unique to screen printing and not possible in other media. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment