Tuesday 28 February 2017

406: Sticker roughs

Kind to others

I asked friends and family to think of something kind to say to someone, anyone, a neighbour, an alien but the responses were either ridiculous or negative so I thought about how people can neglect themselves and not be kind to themselves which is important as it determines how kind you are to others.  

Be kind to yourself

After deciding on being kind to yourself as the theme, there are lots of subtle acts of being kind to yourself but I wanted to focus on a universally recognisable act of having a moment to yourself to think or hold yourself. Touching yourself (not in that way), a hand on the shoulder is a small but effective symbol of reassuring yourself.



I don't know if it's the colours but this rough works for me. It will work with two colours - I feel the two colours should be similar to help give it harmony and make sure it's not too jarring or contrasting. The act of putting her hand on her shoulder and looking down communicates well that she's thinking, reassuring herself for a moment. My only problem is making sure the fingers are recognisable as fingers and don't blend too much with the background colour.

I'm pleased I've been decisive and quick with my decision making. It's good to go with a good idea and trying to develop it to make it great rather than worrying about having a great image straight away, which never happens without working on it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment