Thursday 23 February 2017

406: Final gifs

I'm happy with the final gifs. Each gif has a different purpose in telling the characters story. The digital gif below shows the character doing it's day to day job of searching the barren landscape for what ever it is it's searching for. The change of colour was what I saw when I listened to the song. I usually associate colours with music so wanted to get lots of colour in there.


I thought this paper cut out was a development of illustrating the solitary nature of the character. The sense of infinity came to mind as the song is very long and repetitive and puts you in a trance so I thought about how the character may have repetitive habits such as watching the sun rise and sun set to pass the time.


I got an idea of making a puppet but then thought a silhouette might be more sombre and intriguing for the audience. I was surprised at how expressive the black paper could be when used in this way. This gif works really well in giving the character a bit more depth and the little interaction with the bird is enough to tell a bigger story of how the character is perhaps developing increased curiosity of it's surroundings, wanting to make a friend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment