Tuesday 7 February 2017

I See Faces - Group tutorial

Group feedback

The group tutorial was helpful as it gives you an idea of which character ideas connect best with people. It was interesting because the characters I thought were the best weren't the popular ones but the much more simple characters, some of them which were just quick sketches. Maybe the ideas two ideas below were too finished and left no room for people to put their own story on the characters.

The quick sketches were more natural and impulsive so had some of the song's tone.


It kind of makes sense now because the strange creature below took seconds to come up with but it was exactly what I imagined ambling along in my head when listening to the song.
It suits the song really well.

I found the same with other people's work - the more amusing and simple ideas had me wanting to know more about that character.

Maybe I wasn't having enough faith in the looseness of it. Ideas don't have to be complex and simplicity always wins in art - I don't know why I'm struggling to work with that philosophy when I know it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment