Tuesday 7 February 2017

406: I See Faces

Brian Eno - 1/1

A bit of retrospective blogging but the first things that came to mind when I started listening to this song were peaceful, tranquil, reflective vibes. Researching the song; it's purpose was to be airport music to ease the tense atmosphere of an airport and allow people time to think.

There are repetitive chord sequences that alter slightly throughout and it's a long song and it is so tranquil that I cannot go the whole song without my mind trailing off which I guess was the whole point of the song.

My visual response was landscapes at first. I often think of natural landscapes when I need to rest my head sometimes and I thought about undisturbed environments with low activity where nothing much happens.



So I went to the library to get some images of things I had in mind. But I needed a specific starting point for my character. I used the song's themes and applied them to living creatures and deep sea creatures came to mind and these were good because the song has an other worldly feel too. The deep sea animals look like alien creatures and have the floating, tranquil physicality that suits the song. 


I have to bear in mind the gif will need to be simple to be remade digitally and handmade so the complexity of the sea creatures would be difficult to re create digitally but the characteristics can be used for an imaginary animal.


No comments:

Post a Comment