Thursday 18 April 2019

The Shining


Collage has been fun to use again to take a break from the drawing. The drawing took a while to come up with but the collage is so much faster and has more impact especially for the Room 237 film theory that The Shining is about the genocide of Native Indians. 




With the drawing I wanted to look at the way the Room 237 contributors took apart the film and over analysed it with lots of far fetched theories. I tried to make a poster with the drawing but find it really difficult to combine my drawings with type. It never works and the type and drawings take something away from each other. 

Collage fits much better with type. I'm still a novice with typography, it's always been a weak point for me but I want to use it more and in more interesting ways than just plonking it next to an image. 

Using one colour is helping eliminate indecision with colours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment