Wednesday 10 April 2019

Evil Vultures


This BBC documentary has inspired me to start a side project about the bad reputation certain animals have which I looked at for my COP. 99.9 of some vultures have been wiped out. I want to also highlight the facts of decimating a species and the knock on effects on humans to challenge the myth that there are no consequences for us when a species is wiped out. Vultures are vital to the ecosystem and the demonising of them has led to a lack of caring about the rapid decline in numbers. I want to highlight the thought process of embracing some animals but not all and the how neglect and ignorance can lead to devastation for humans as well as the species being driven to extinction. Without vultures, dead animals are left to rot and spread decease. It's just one species but it shows the dangers of allowing just one animal to disappear and highlights our ignorance and abuse of the ecosystem.  



No comments:

Post a Comment