Monday 12 December 2016

OUIL405: Tell an Untold Story Part 1: The Visual Jouranlist

Trees..

I decided to do Trees as a subject because I know little about them and want to find an interesting narrative with them where ever that may lead.
I went to Harewood near Leeds to get some photos. I realised I'd spent a whole hour in the church grave yard photographing trees and found it a peaceful place to be. I didn't hear or see another person for ages which is a change from spending time in Leeds. 


Patterns and shape

Each tree has it's own personality once you get a closer look. I enjoyed making some drawings of the trees' bark and structure. I tried to focus on silhouettes and patterns of the trees.







The forest was a kind of graveyard of dead wood and fallen trees. I started to think about the exposed roots and what happens underground.







Layering and pattern
Overlaying line drawing?



Infinite amount of leaves
Repeated mark making?


I also found an old tomb under the church










No comments:

Post a Comment